Editable Last Will and Testament Template [PDF & Word]
Create a Last Will and Testament template with ease with LegalSimpli. Secure your rights, streamline processes, and maximize your revenue efficiently.
Feel Safe with LegalSimpli
Enjoy peace of mind because LegalSimpli ensures all customer data is 100% secure.
Unlimited Cloud Storage
Keep your legal files secure and always accesible with LegalSimpli's unlimited document storage.
Experience top-tier costumer support with LegalSimpli, where your statisfaction is our top priority.
Last Will and Testament Overview
In the event of your passing, you want as little as possible to be left up for interpretation. A Last Will and Testament is a vital legal document that provides the blueprints for what you would like your friends and family to do after your death. It ensures your assets are distributed as you desire, any minors are provided with the proper care, and provides any special instructions you would like to make as you move on.
The contents of a Last Will and Testament may vary depending on an individual’s circumstances, but everyone should have one prepared. The importance of creating a Last Will and Testament cannot be overstated. Without one, your assets may be distributed according to state law, which may not align with your wishes. By creating a Last Will and Testament, you can have peace of mind knowing that your final wishes will be carried out after you pass away.
- A Last Will and Testament is a legal document that outlines how a person's assets will be distributed after their death.
- Regardless of age or wealth, a Last Will and Testament ensures your wishes are followed.
- Advantages of using a fillable template for a Last Will and Testament include convenience, affordability, and the ability to easily update the document as needed.
Your Stories, Our Commitment
How our templates are helping users streamline legal matters
I didn't want to hire an attorney and a coworker told me about how easy and simple was to create legal documents online with LegalSimpli! I was able to do a lease agreement for my apartment fast and easy!
The best legal templates ever! This is as simple as it gets! Love it!
Great product for everyone in need of any legal form. Just browse for the form, fill your information and you're done. You can even add electronic signatures without software downloads or installations. I'm hooked!
I was confused and needed help with a very specific legal template but the customer service was really helpful. Will definitely use it again. Thanks LegalSimpli!
My brothers and I needed a living will for my father and one of them suggested trying LegalSimpli instead of calling a lawyer. It was the best decision ever!
No hidden fees and a very complete product. As an HR professional, I've been using this product to create all our legal forms, including employment verification letters and employment contracts. It maximizes our productivity and saves our company a lot of money on attorneys fees. Highly recommended!
I needed a cohabitation agreement and I didn't want to spend money hiring a lawyer, but LegalSimpli solved my problem. Great product and very easy to use!
I knew nothing related to legal forms but wanted to sell my car. With LegalSimpli I was able to create a very professional car bill of sale without a lawyer.
I love how I can create any legal form in just a few minutes! Keep up the good work!
What is a Last Will and Testament?
A Last Will and Testament is a legal document that lays out all your final wishes. It mainly provides instructions on how to distribute your assets and names who you want to manage your property while your loved ones sort out the details.
Your Last Will and Testament can also provide details on any burial proceedings you’d like followed and any final wishes you’d like granted. It is an essential part of any estate plan that helps prevent confusion and argument during a difficult time for the people close to you.
Creating a Last Will and Testament is especially important for those who have dependents, such as children or elderly parents, as it ensures that they are taken care of even after your passing. LegalSimpli has resources available that will help you draft up a Last Will and Testament in minutes, making the process simple and ensuring you cover all the details that make this a legally binding document.
When Do I Need a Last Will and Testament?
Everyone should consider drafting a Last Will and Testament to have on standby, and update it every few years to reflect new assets. Regardless of the size of your estate, this document will help clear the air and make sure your loved ones don’t spend the grieving process fighting over your legacy.
Here are the situations in which a Last Will and Testament are especially important:
- You have children: if you have children under the age of 18, a Last Will and Testament is crucial to ensure that their care is properly arranged for in the event of your death.
- You own property: if you own property, a Last Will and Testament can ensure that your assets are distributed according to your wishes.
- You have specific wishes for funeral arrangements: a Last Will and Testament can include instructions for your funeral or memorial service.
- You want to name an executor: a Last Will and Testament allows you to name an executor who will manage your estate after your death.
- You want to leave gifts to specific individuals or organizations: a Last Will and Testament can include instructions for distributing your assets, including any gifts you wish to leave to specific people or organizations.
How To Fill Out a Last Will and Testament Using Our FREE Wizard Template?
Simplify the process of completing a Last Will and Testament form
- 1Select your preferred format and color.
- 2Fill in the required information.
- 3Add or request electronic signatures.
- 4Download, print, or send your customized legal document.
Components of a Last Will and Testament
Make sure you acknowledge all of these following parts that apply to you when filling out your Last Will and Testament:
- Executor: This is the person responsible for carrying out the wishes outlined in the will. It is important to choose someone who is trustworthy and capable of handling the responsibilities.
- Beneficiaries: These are the people or organizations who will receive the assets outlined in the will. It is important to clearly identify each beneficiary and their relationship to the testator (the person creating the will).
- Assets: This section should outline all of the assets that will be distributed, including property, financial accounts, and personal belongings.
- Debts: Any outstanding debts or liabilities should be addressed in the will, including how they will be paid off.
- Guardianship: If there are minor children involved, a Last Will and Testament should outline who will become their legal guardian in the event of the testator’s death.
- Funeral arrangements: While not legally binding, some people choose to include their funeral wishes in their Last Will and Testament.
What are the Advantages of using a Last Will and Testament fillable template?
Creating a Last Will and Testament is an important task that you should handle well before you are ever at risk of passing away. When your time comes, taking a few moments to prepare this document will ensure that your final wishes are carried out and that your loved ones are taken care of.
With a bit of help from LegalSimpli, you’ll be able to prepare a legally binding Last Will and Testament from the comfort of your home in minutes. Our fillable Last Will and Testament template has drawn from reputable legal sources to create a thorough way to make your final preparation.
An added perk of LegalSimpli’s templates is how simple it is to make changes to your will. Think of your Last Will and Testament as a living document, you can make one now and add on to it as your family grows. Our platform will always allow you to make quick changes to your document without having to start over from scratch.
Another advantage of using a Last Will and Testament template is that it saves time. Drafting a Last Will and Testament from scratch can be a time-consuming process, especially if you are unfamiliar with legal terms and concepts. Our Fillable templates provide a clear structure and format, which guides you through the process of creating a Last Will and Testament. The contents of the template are prewritten in legalese, which means that you do not have to spend time researching legal jargon or drafting language that complies with local laws.
Consequences of not Having an Last Will and Testament
Short on Time?
Read the Highlights:
estate planning to ensure your will is legally binding.